THE "DRIPPING PETITION"

Go down

THE "DRIPPING PETITION"

Post  Danny G on Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:19 am

This petition is for the rising number of players, who; after running 4 - 8 miles during a hard slog in a football match, don't want to sit down with a nice pint to wet ham, or dry egg sandwiches. The mans man footballer nowadays wants a proper mans meal, I'm talking about dripping. A splash of lard on a crusty cob is what todays man needs to put the energy back in his body. Despite my pleas for more dripping to staff, they have fallen on deaf ears and I have been threatening the "Dripping Petition" for months, but saturday was the last straw after I narrowly missed out on a 'lard loaf' and was forced to suffer egg mayonaise. For what seems like an eternity I have been pleading for the dripping, but what do we get? TWO dripping sandwiches on a tray the size of a Jodrill Bank telescope hidden amongst the chicken and wafer thin ham, It's like looking for a needle in a haystack. By the time dripping lovers are alerted to the fact that there may be a fat sandwich lurking, someone who doesn't know what they are, has taken a bite, put it in an ashtray saying "..ooh I don't like that". And people wonder how a man, can take another mans life.

So forget making poverty history and just give me a mucky dripping sandwich.

DRIPPING FACTS:
Originally, most fish and chips were fried in beef dripping.

Dripping lines the stomach, so eating more dripping, means you can have more pints, which is good, if your driving.

Pork scratchings are the perfect companion to a dripping sandwich. Do not make the mistake of buying the big pork puffs.. they are for.. well.. puffs.

Dripping, also known as beef or pork dripping, is an animal fat produced from the fatty or otherwise unusable parts of cow or pig carcasses. It is similar to lard and tallow.

It is used for cooking, especially in British cuisine, significantly so in Yorkshire, though towards the end of the 20th century dripping had fallen out of favour, due to its being regarded as less healthy than vegetable oils such as olive and sunflower oil.
Traditionally, fish and chips were fried in beef dripping, and this practice does continue in some places particularly in the North of England, however many such shops now use oils which are considered to be more healthy.

Pork dripping is served cold to be spread on bread (bread and dripping), particularly for breakfast. It is also served on toast with salt and sometimes pepper.

Fans of Dripping: Ricky Hatton, Andy McNab, Geoff Capes, Big Daddy, Any of the Red Arrows.

Energy: 3703.00KJ

Last edited by Danny G on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Danny G

Male Number of posts : 40
Team Assocaited With : Dronfield's Defending Emergency Service
Registration date : 2008-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: THE "DRIPPING PETITION"

Post  Presty on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:57 am

Whada-we-want? DRIPPING BUTTIES!
Whenda-we-wantem? NOW!

Whada-we-want? DRIPPING BUTTIES!
Whenda-we-wantem? NOW!

pig
Presty
Admin

Male Number of posts : 80
Team Assocaited With : Adults B Team
Registration date : 2008-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bebbo on Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 am

Danny can i ask which member of staff you asked for more dripping sarnies as it is mrs bebbo who does the sarnies and as far as she knows she was asked not to do dripping, i must say this request was from the 1st team and reserves who think they are finely tuned athletes and wouldnt think about clogging their veins up with pure fat.........unlike the 'A' and 'B' teams and the '35's' who dont really care and love nothing more than a pint and a dripping sarnie........i do also believe that when the sarnies are delivered to the pioneer there are more dripping sarnies on the plates than when they are brought out when you arrive back...not mentioning no names but a certain window fitter who is also vice chairman of DTFC and president of the pioneer does seem to have a fetish for dripping sarnies Evil or Very Mad . your request for more has been noted and will make sure one of the 'B' teams plates will have extra dripping sarnies on it............. cheers
bebbo
5am Post Bridge Taxi Driver

Male Number of posts : 39
Team Assocaited With : over 35
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny G on Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:07 am

..Bebbo, bar persons have asked each week, if there are dripping sangers today, not just by me, but by a growing number of lard lovers and a shrug of the shoulders is the reply. The importance of pigfat on a breadcake is just not comprehendable.

Now the puzzle as to why there is hardly any dripping left has come to light, I suggest a little souring of the milk and have the top layer of dripping sandwiches with more than extra salt on. The culprit should go off dripping for at least a few months!

Danny G

Male Number of posts : 40
Team Assocaited With : Dronfield's Defending Emergency Service
Registration date : 2008-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down