Dronfield Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

browns bravehearts assault on the prem!

+2
Butler
kenwyn jones
6 posters

Go down

browns bravehearts assault on the prem! Empty browns bravehearts assault on the prem!

Post  kenwyn jones Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:54 am

New season,new league and new manager(unfortunately the last one is untrue!) Laughing . We have a good enuff team to make our mark on this league i think and we are hoping to emulate the first team by winning it,we have got the dove back Very Happy and got phil to add to the midfield,maybe another forward and a defender to challenge the back four and we would be ready for it.what do you think lads?

kenwyn jones

Male Number of posts : 6
Team Assocaited With : brownys bravehearts
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

browns bravehearts assault on the prem! Empty A team - are they as good as they think they are ???

Post  Butler Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:33 pm

I think you will be playing in a very good Hope Valley Prem league this season...where as a team you will be tested for the whole 90 minutes (rather than being 5-0 up after 20 minutes and then spending the rest of the game passing round the cigars and talking about what you all got up to the night previous).

With the likes of Whaley, Tideswell (ex Buxton Town), Tintwistle, Brampton - all are very good sides...so you should be looking forward to the season.

My 1st team boys would love another friendly with you lot, but there are 2 problems we need to overcome:

1) getting Browny down to Stonelow to finally finish of the re-seeding / cutting of grass / filling the divets, etc, etc. rather than relying on others to do it !!

and

2) you will need to wait for Al, Charno and Connor to return from their virgin trip around "the mast" whilst training with the big boys last week !! Not sure if anyone has seen them since last Tues ?

Butler

Male Number of posts : 8
Team Assocaited With : Sat 1st team
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

browns bravehearts assault on the prem! Empty Re: browns bravehearts assault on the prem!

Post  Presty Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:36 am

Fair play to them, I say.

At least they did the whole run, and didn’t just jog out of the car park, into the pioneer for a swift pint, jog back and pretend to look out of breath…..Mr. Grayson?
Presty
Presty
Admin

Male Number of posts : 80
Team Assocaited With : Adults B Team
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

browns bravehearts assault on the prem! Empty Re: browns bravehearts assault on the prem!

Post  unknown Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:27 am

As a Neutral for Dove Holes i can confirm that the league is a lot harder,

Brampton are a very good footballing side with a technically gifted spine

Im aware you have played Buxton

And you have sampled a few Whaley Bridge first teamers in your last encounter

I think you will fair well, you play football the right way and have some very gifted players

unknown
Executive Director of Log In and Password Administration

Male Number of posts : 12
Team Assocaited With : ??
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny G Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:12 am

Presty wrote:Fair play to them, I say.

At least they did the whole run, and didn’t just jog out of the car park, into the pioneer for a swift pint, jog back and pretend to look out of breath…..Mr. Grayson?

Aye - thats it.. single out the guy who doesn't know his way round the backstreets of dronny, so HAD to follow the badlads to the Pioneer..
Danny G
Danny G

Male Number of posts : 40
Team Assocaited With : Dronfield's Defending Emergency Service
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

browns bravehearts assault on the prem! Empty are the a team as good as they think they are? hell yeah!

Post  kenwyn jones Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:29 pm

Very fair comments butler,last season was a bit of a two horse race and much of it against poor teams to be fair and thats gonna be the exact opposite this season, but confidence is never hard to find amongst the lads and if we channel that in the right way belief in our ability can only be a good thing! tough season ahead lads but cant wait for it!.

As for browny No . tut tut.

kenwyn jones

Back to top Go down

browns bravehearts assault on the prem! Empty A team's ability

Post  Butler Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:06 pm

Your ability has never been in question....I just wanted you all to be aware as to what a tough league the Prem is.

I think you are a good enough team to do really well...but you need to show consistency (over 30+ games) to finish in the top 4 and also have a good cup run. To achieve consistency, you need fit, strong and committed players...all playing together as a team.....and 4 or 5 of your lads are already showing how much they want it during training with us.

There will be no one wants you all to succeed more than I do...(so I can have some of your players in a year or so !!) - Soz Browny - couldn't resist that.

and you seem to have a fan in the "unknown" - from Dove Holes

Butler

Male Number of posts : 8
Team Assocaited With : Sat 1st team
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post  bebbo Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:38 am

the unknown from dove holes is actually well known as he tries to play at right back for browny dont u twingy
bebbo
bebbo
5am Post Bridge Taxi Driver

Male Number of posts : 39
Team Assocaited With : over 35
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  unknown Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:09 am

bebbo wrote:the unknown from dove holes is actually well known as he tries to play at right back for browny dont u twingy

I dont know where you get this from, i comment that he looked rather decent in the final and you all think i am him, well you have just lost your only outside fan Mad

unknown
Executive Director of Log In and Password Administration

Male Number of posts : 12
Team Assocaited With : ??
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

browns bravehearts assault on the prem! Empty brownys bravehearts

Post  kenwyn jones Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:41 am

some nice comments butler,but bead has got a 20 year,£3.50 a week contract so you cant have him,and we are going to do you this year im afraid! will kenny eat his words? i hope not. joking aside, cant wait for the friendly,its just what we need to prepare for a big season.

kenwyn jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum