Grudge match supreme

Go down

Grudge match supreme

Post  Connor on Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:16 am

Both the A team and the B team start off the pre-season friendlies tonight against one another, who will win? Do Sven's team still have a desire of previous seasons to prove a point? What team will Sven put out with his depleted squad?

All will be reavealed in the next episode of A team vs B team!

Connor

Male Number of posts : 9
Team Assocaited With : Adult A Side
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grudge match supreme

Post  Presty on Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:30 am

The pressure is on you Mr. Connor.

We only found out we had a game Sunday evening, so managed to scrape 12 together with 3 ringo stars.
Presty
Admin

Male Number of posts : 80
Team Assocaited With : Adults B Team
Registration date : 2008-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Connor on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:10 am

Pressure? What pressure?

Connor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint on Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:47 am

Good run out for both sides. We battled quite well and were not embarrassed by the scoreline! You lot might have scored a couple more but we had a few good chances also.

Saint

Male Number of posts : 18
Team Assocaited With : Dronfield Town
Registration date : 2008-04-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Connor on Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:15 am

I think with the chances we had it should have been about 6-7 for us, Gav made some good saves though kept you in it in the first half.

Connor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  unknown on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:12 am

Yea it was a good game, i agree it should of been a higher score for us but thats football and your team battled well, good first game for both sides jocolor

unknown
Executive Director of Log In and Password Administration

Male Number of posts : 12
Team Assocaited With : ??
Registration date : 2008-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Presty on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:56 am

I wont be at training tonight, so I’ll stick my summary up here, feel free to pass these on tonight;

We seemed to start very nervous, giving the ball away needlessly and rushing things and it led to us being under a lot of pressure. It was a matter of time until we conceded if we carried on like that, and a lapse in concentration left Kenny with clear header which he couldn’t miss.

We seemed to settle down a bit after that, and started fighting a bit more and showing a bit more composure and thought when we had the ball and made a bit more of a game of it.

We could have folded after the second goal, but I was pleased with how we rolled our sleeves up and fought back into it. A good finish from kam, and one or two chances from set plays had you on the ropes for 10 minutes or so midway through the second half but the third goal combined with a few changes to give everyone a run out killed off our challenge.

We did OK for our first run out, and the lads now have an idea of the standard they’re going to be playing at next season. When you consider you were taking teams apart 10 nil at times, there are positives to take from it but also one or two things to work on.

Just a couple of things to highlight:

We need to be more alert at set plays. We wasted chances when we had them and always seemed under pressure when defending them. There 1st goal was a set piece and Kenny was allowed to get free and the 2rd goal came from a well defended corner initially, but we didn’t clear our lines properly and left doyley and brooky free in the box when the ball come back in.

When we had the ball it was very panicky at times in the first half, sometimes playing the ball into space or with no thought and we lost possession at put ourselves under pressure when we shouldn’t have been.

We HAVE to stop arguing amongst ourselves when things aren’t going right. That is the time when everyone needs to rally together not start moaning and arguing amongst each other. Everyone is guilty of it and it has to stop, we need to work more as a team rather than a collection of individuals.

Don’t want to be too critical though because it was our first game out against superior opposition and with a make shift team in some instances, so well done to everybody for keeping the score at a respectable level and making sure they knew they’d been in a game – in that respect you did what was asked of you.

Special mentions for Gav who made some fantastic stops and kept us in the game in the first half, Jolly who was solid at the back against a good forward line and Tuna who made a big difference when he moved into midfield and put his foot on the ball which seemed to act as a catalyst for everyone else.
Presty
Admin

Male Number of posts : 80
Team Assocaited With : Adults B Team
Registration date : 2008-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  unknown on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:41 am

id agree with that prest ur boys played well, we should have won by more goals but that was down to bad finishing and Gav doing some good stops, we were not at our best by any means but then again we both had ringers in, i think we missed Gaz in CM, our new forward always looked dangerous, i think if you play with heart like that every week you should do fine, when i have watched you before you have not had that fight (from what i have seen, dont shoot me for saying it!) but on tuesday you all wanted it, admittedly we should have scored more but it was a good game and if you play like that you should have a fruitful season

unknown
Executive Director of Log In and Password Administration

Male Number of posts : 12
Team Assocaited With : ??
Registration date : 2008-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Connor on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:03 am

Suck up!

Connor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

grudge match or just a bit of snuff

Post  Sven on Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:01 pm

I wasn't there so I don't know much about the game (super spectacles on the way).

The first thing that struck me about the match report was Gav's good game. Well done to my number one.

Now I might be missing something here - but isn't it a keepers game to stop goals so comments like "Gav made some great saves otherwise it might have been 6/7" seem to be missing the point. The point is why they were allowed that many opportunities ????

I am also told Jolly played well - f*********************** Tuna was fishing for a place in midfield. Sarnis wasn't sandwiched in midfield.

Even Pete couldn't get a game - some Aussie cricketer who thought the third man was the man on top of the wardrobe !!!!!

Anyway a pleasing performance but lets move onto the over 35s. Its a pity Danny is on holiday because he could have played for them. Its looking quite competitive because Beebo thinks they can turn us over - if they do I will eat my hat, coat, t shirt, trainers, boxers and then I will eat my head. Saint will have a babarr. Whats the bet - I will take a half of Sam Smiths Barbo ????

Must go - Nancy wants to watch Mamia Mia - she will, she will.

Sven

Male Number of posts : 35
Team Assocaited With : Dronfield Town B
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down