Dronfield Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

should gav sambrook play up front for the last game

+4
Saint
Connor
Presty
swagga
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

should gav sambrook play up front for the last game Empty should gav sambrook play up front for the last game

Post  swagga Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:26 pm

gav wants to play up front for at least one half in the last game of the season should he play up front gav wants you to vote now.Gav wants to start a petition

swagga

Male Number of posts : 16
Team Assocaited With : dronfield town b
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

should gav sambrook play up front for the last game Empty Re: should gav sambrook play up front for the last game

Post  Presty Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:55 pm

I'll go in net.

I cannot be held responsible for being crap at it, though.
Presty
Presty
Admin

Male Number of posts : 80
Team Assocaited With : Adults B Team
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

should gav sambrook play up front for the last game Empty Re: should gav sambrook play up front for the last game

Post  Connor Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:18 am

Presty I would Love to see you in the sticks, make sure you do it on a week when we don't have a game!

Connor

Male Number of posts : 9
Team Assocaited With : Adult A Side
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Presty Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:04 am

Its up to Les Sven mate, not me. Basketball

I've certainly got the athletisism and agility to be a good goalkeeper i think. Embarassed
Presty
Presty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:05 am

Yes, get him up there I say. Does Gav get to take pens as well or is the Dove clinging to that honour following the QF miss?

Saint

Male Number of posts : 18
Team Assocaited With : Dronfield Town
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny G Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:36 am

..THATS IT.. get everyone to score except me! *HUFF* Sad
Danny G
Danny G

Male Number of posts : 40
Team Assocaited With : Dronfield's Defending Emergency Service
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

should gav sambrook play up front for the last game Empty Re : should gav sambrook play up front for the last game

Post  Sven Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:34 am

I don't have a problem in principle to Presty going in the net. However what do I know about footie - after all I picked Ross as MOM for the last game.

What about Presty in the net, Gav and Danny up front, Jamie at left back, Saint in midfield for 90 minutes, Jonny scoring a penalty, Chris L turning up with a proper hat, Towers with his subs.

Sven

Male Number of posts : 35
Team Assocaited With : Dronfield Town B
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Presty Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:38 am

Sven, can i draw your attention to the MOM to appearences ratio on the website. I think its probably the best way to choose your player of the year......

And don’t worry Grayson, I haven’t bagged yet either….

And with a shooting prowess akin to Ade Akinbiyi combined with the fact I’m likely to miss the rest of the season because my knee is swollen to a larger size than Chris Connor’s waistline I’m not likely to either.

If we don’t win the cup now, you can blame Bebbo for breaking the star right back on Saturday night!! I was on course for a full recovery for Saturday before I suffered a relapse in a mosh pit accident in the pioneer on Saturday night at the hands of Bebbington!!!
Presty
Presty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:38 am

I think that Larry G should be credited with a goal for each shot that he has, taking his tally for the season to 1!

Saint

Male Number of posts : 18
Team Assocaited With : Dronfield Town
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Presty Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:14 pm

Because i've take it upon myself to claim all own goals this season, leaving me on a dizzy tally of 2, that leaves Danny, Jolly, Joycey & Towers battling it out for the wooden spoon (gav obviously excluded).

Booby prize will go to the player with most appearances in the event of a draw that leaves Grayson in the lead.
Presty
Presty
Admin

Back to top Go down

should gav sambrook play up front for the last game Empty Re : should gav sambrook play up front for the last game

Post  Sven Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:56 pm

Luke my boy (and to all of my millions of readers)

Dont complicate the player of the year award. Three choices -

a) give each player a number and have balls in a hat to be drawn out by a respectable member of the community (if we can find one)
b) highest bid to buy the manager drinks wins the award (doubles count as one - that will confuse most players)
c) dont bother with the award as most if not all of the players are english and wouldnt get in the Arsenal, Barcelona or AC Milan clubs anyway.

Alternatively ask Gav as he is unlikely to fulfill his wildest dream especially as his replacement is injured.

affraid

Sven

Back to top Go down

Post  Presty Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:23 am

Can i nominate Charno as the 'respectable member of the community'? bounce
Presty
Presty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny G Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:49 am

Jolly HAS scored this season he got one against Hathersage away didn't he? 25yarder?
No doubt a skill he learned kicking balls at windows on his estate.
should gav sambrook play up front for the last game Deadhorsebeat_4

And you cant really count Joycie, he's hardly played.. so looks like me and Towers then and with him getting a role in midfield, it's looking more likely to be me. However being told not to cross over the halfway line by Sven, shouldn't make me eligible either.

And Presty, own goals are called OG's.. not LP's!!
Danny G
Danny G

Back to top Go down

Post  bebbo Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:01 am

presty sorry about the leg mate but from what i can gather it was a blatant push in the back and i could still hear the shouts of penalty ringing in my ears on sunday morning and then remember mathers missing it...........also dont forget i was headbutted by the dove and now may miss our last game of the season or maybe it was when you and kenny decided to drop me from a great height Laughing
bebbo
bebbo
5am Post Bridge Taxi Driver

Male Number of posts : 39
Team Assocaited With : over 35

Back to top Go down

Post  bebbo Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:14 am

sven ...........must say think the one with the drinks sounds the best way of picking your player of the year ...........i know you havent a brilliant season in your first one in charge but you didnt for england as far as i can remember, and from what i've heard it's been that hard to pick a player of the year that you are letting the supporters do it for you , but even they couldnt think of one so this year the 'B' team are having only one trophy at presentation night and that is 'players supporter of the year' Laughing
bebbo
bebbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sven Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:05 am

Now then chaps

Presty - Charno for the Mayor of Dronfield is what I say.

Bebbo - you could pick the player of the season. It doesn't matter that you have not seen us play. Its a lottery and its all about opinions.

Danny - if you score I will eat Chris Lowe's hat.

Saint - bosh.

Sven

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dove! Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:20 am

Just been reading this thread and as Celine Dion said........its all coming back, its all coming back to me now!!!

I remember the big pile on also. Bebbo, if its any consolation, I had a small shiner on my right eye but I thought it was a result of getting an elbow on Sunday morning.

The Dove!

Male Number of posts : 10
Team Assocaited With : Adult B
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Presty Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:24 am

You should have seen the look on my doctors face when i told him i suffered my knee injury moshing to the sex pistols in the pioneer club after 8 pints with a 40 year old bloke on my shoulders!!!! Laughing

His laughed, coughed and dimplomatically said something along the lines of.... 'for somebody so injury prone, did you really think it was a good idea?'

Last edited by Presty on Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Presty
Presty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sven Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:26 am

Good for you - I was tucked up in bed with Nancy
I love you

Sven

Back to top Go down

Post  Presty Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:28 am

Dellalio? or just 'a nancy'? Cool
Presty
Presty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sven Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:39 am

Hey - a bit of respect for the gaffer. pig

Anyway, should Gav Sambrook play up front for the last game ?
Sleep

Sven

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny G Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:09 am

If HE goes up front then I think it's only fair that the 'other' lad who has to stay back should partner him.. although judging by the man of the match awards these past few weeks.. everything is BUT fair!

should gav sambrook play up front for the last game Emexpl10

PS: What sauce would you like with your hat Les?
Danny G
Danny G

Back to top Go down

Post  bebbo Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:11 am

if your strugglin that much up front maybe towns best right back should have a run for you up front. (no not you presty) ...........
bebbo
bebbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny G Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:36 am

Thanks Bebbo, but I don't just play at right back, I'm a master of all defensive postionals! queen
Danny G
Danny G

Back to top Go down

Post  Sven Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:22 am

Dont worry yourself chaps - we have about as many problems up front as Dolly P. What a Face

Whats these defensive postionals ? Footballers - not always intellectually blessed.
geek

Sven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next